Contact and Locations
The friendly staff at Brewer Physical Therapy welcomes your call and looks forward to serving you. If you have any questions about our physical therapy services or wish to make an appointment, you can call our Shreveport office at (318) 222-8892, our Bossier City offices, East Bossier at (318) 747-2911, South Bossier at (318) 747-8892, or our Minden office at (318) 639-9536. You can also schedule an appointment now.
Locations & Phone
Phone: (318) 222-8892
Fax: (318) 222-8893
663 Jordan Street
Shreveport, LA 71101
Phone: (318) 747-8892
Fax: (318) 747-8893
4970 Barksdale Blvd Suite 900
Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: (318) 747-2911
Fax: (318) 747-8893
700 Stockwell Road
Bossier City, La 71111
Phone: (318) 639-9536
Fax: (318) 639-9537
101 MBL Bank Dr.
Minden, LA 71055
For all Telehealth Physical Therapy
Servicing: Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah!
Phone: (318) 222-8892
What Else You Need to Know
For all the latest on health and wellness tips, industry insights (and more), please read our informative blog posts at Brewer PT Blog.
Our regular office hours are:
- Monday, Thursday: 7 am – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 7 am – 5 pm
At Brewer Physical Therapy, the health and safety of our patients and staff is always our top priority. As such, we are diligently monitoring updates at the state and national level regarding the coronavirus or COVID-19.
We understand this is a challenging time for all of us, but we want to reassure you that we are committed to the following preventive measures immediately being implemented in all of our clinics:
- Per Governor Edward's Mask Mandate, a mask or face-covering will be required to enter our building. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you
- All patients and staff will wash/ sanitize hands upon entering the clinic and on their way out
- Each patient will be screened prior to treatment
- Increased social distancing of 6 feet will be observed at all times
- High-trafficked areas and surfaces will receive high-frequency disinfecting
- Private treatment rooms will be available upon request
- We will reduce the number of individuals in the clinic at the same time
- Staff have been instructed to observe CDC guidelines, including social distancing, while outside of Brewer Physical Therapy.
In addition to the above protective measures, we are also insisting on the following for all patients and staff:
- Do not come into the clinic if you are coughing, sneezing, or have a runny nose.
- Do not come into the clinic if you have a fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Do not come into the clinic unless you have been fever-free for 72 hours or more without fever-reducing medications.
We will continue to monitor the latest coronavirus updates and make all necessary changes to keep our staff and patients healthy. We are committed to providing quality, essential healthcare services to our community.
For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19, visit the CDC website
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, call emergency medical services at 911 immediately. DO NOT WAIT! Inform the emergency room staff that you are a patient of Brewer Physical Therapy, and they will contact us.
If you have an urgent medical need and want to speak with our therapists after our regular hours, please call our on-call number at (318) 272-1550. Someone is on-call 24 hours a day. Your call will be returned promptly.
At Brewer Physical Therapy, we accept workers’ compensation and most major insurance plans, including:
- Active Net
- Alliance Health Card
- American Interstate/Amerisafe
- American PPO
- American Synergy Health
- AmeriPlan USA
- Arcadian Community Care
- Beech Street
- Best Care
- Best Comp
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield *Quality BlueProvider
- Healthy Blue
- Cigna ASH Healthcare
- The Covenant Companies
- F.A. Richard
- First Health
- Fortified Provider Network
- Gilsbar 360 Alliance
- Great West
- Global Care
- Global Excel Management
- Health Management Network
- Health Network America
- HHS Health Options
- Hospice of Acadiana
- Humana/Humana Gold
- IMX Medical
- Integrated Health Plans
- Key Risk Management Services
- Louisiana Commerce and Trade
- Louisiana Business Group on Health
- Maritime Health Services
- MCM Maxcare
- Med Comp
- Modern Medical
- Multi Plan
- National ChoiceCare
- National Preferred Provider Network
- National Provider Network
- National Hospital Network
- Peoples Health
- Plan Care America
- PPO Plus
- Preferred Health Alliance
- Premier Access
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Provider Select
- Synergy Health Plan
- The Reny Company
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
- Tri West Healthcare Alliance
- USA MCO/USA Healthnet/WIN
- United Healthcare
- Vantage Health Plan
- Verity Health Plan/LSU Provider Partnership
During the COVID-19 pandemic, most insurers have made Telehealth PT accessible per your typical physical therapy benefits for in-office treatments.
If you do not see your insurance listed above, please contact your insurance company, or you may call our Shreveport office at (318) 222-8892, our Bossier City office at (318) 747-8892 or our Minden office at (318) 639-9536 to find out if we accept your insurance plan.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. If you have a question related to your bill, please contact our billing specialists at (318) 222-8892.
You may need a referral from your physician or medical provider (primary care doctor, nurse practitioner, orthopedic surgeon, podiatrist, chiropractor, etc.) for insurance to pay for your physical therapy treatment. For example, if your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen for an office visit. Please coordinate this with your physician in advance. Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit.
Brewer Physical Therapy will accept a physician referral by fax, by phone, or by email from your provider. We will need the signed prescription within days of your referral, or you may bring the signed referral form with you to our office during your initial visit with us.
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost:
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your healthcare provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
LATEST PHYSICAL THERAPY RESEARCH
Is physical therapy (PT) better than steroid injections? A new study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that patients with knee osteoarthritis treated with PT experienced less pain and better physical function after one year than patients who received steroid injections. These findings suggest the benefits of PT for knee osteoarthritis may be more long-lasting than earlier believed.